Thursday, January 5, 2012

Treasured time

It takes me about 40 minutes to get to work every morning. 
There are many reasons to complain about this...I have to wake up earlier, gas money, traffic, etc.

But this morning on my way to work I realized that in a way, I am thankful for this time. I get 40 minutes every morning to spend time alone with God. Whether it's through songs on the radio, silence and prayer, or simply being able to see the sky light up with a new sunrise. I treasure this time. Some mornings I even find myself wishing the drive was longer.

I am reminded of Psalm 84:10

"A single day in your courts
      is better than a thousand anywhere else!"

Spending time in God's presence is not work. It is not an obligation. 
It is joy. It is peace. It is satisfaction.

My soul is never more satisfied than when I am spending time with God.

Have you experienced His presence?
You don't have to be in church, or sitting in front of a bible to experience Him. You can spend time with Him in your everyday routines...maybe driving to work :) He is always with you, pursuing you, longing for you to look to Him.  

_____________________________________________________



This weekend I am SO excited to attend the Empower Conference at Edinbrook Church. If you live in the twin cities area you should really check out this website. You can still come! 





Photobucket

2 comments: