Monday, March 7, 2011

encouraging

I had a busy but wonderful weekend! 

It began with a sister road trip to Floyd, Iowa! 

Welcome to Floyd!! 


Floyd... "Where the sun shines on kids" haha


Here are my lovely "sisters." :)


We went to a women's conference that these fun ladies put on at their church! It was such a blessing and encouragement! SO great to spend time with these girls and experience God's presence throughout the weekend! 


I want to encourage you with a verse and some truths that I was reminded of this weekend.   "Come near to God and he will come near to you." James 4:8

God longs for us to draw near to Him. He is waiting for us to spend time with Him, to put our trust in Him, to love Him. We must surrender. His plans for us are always good. He is in control of everything. We are dearly loved by Him! 



My weekend also consisted of some more wedding plans! Sunday, my prince and I registered at Target! YAY! It was a bit stressful...but mostly FUN :) 




Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous weekend!! It is so important to remember to draw near to God, yet can be so easy to wander the wrong direction when life gets chaotic which is the most important time to draw near. I remember registering, oh the excitement lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED spending time with you!!!! are you going saturday to get your dress fitted?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved having you in Floyd! When I was in 4th grade I created the town motto....Floyd where the sun shines on kids. Really. I don't know what I was thinking and I think my mom thought it up...but it's stuck. At least it brings smiles to faces as they travel! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An outstanding share! I've just forwarded this onto a coworker who had been doing a little homework on this. And he in fact bought me dinner simply because I discovered it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending time to discuss this matter here on your website.

    Feel free to visit my web page easy cash advance loans online

    ReplyDelete