Wednesday, March 9, 2011

wholeheartedly

I have not been feeling the greatest. I can tell my body is fighting getting sick, but it has been slowly creeping in. I do not work today...Wednesdays are my "get things done" days (AKA mostly homework). My plan was to get an early start today, run some errands, and then spend time doing homework. However, this morning I felt a need to simply rest...and spend time with the Lord. As much as I need to get many many things done today, my greater need is to draw close to God.

If God is not the focus of my day...it is a wasted day. God is the source of life and meaning. 

This morning I read a couple chapters from the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. I have read this book before, but it continues to convict and challenge me every time. 

I am challenged to examine my life. Am I living a lukewarm, halfhearted "Christian" life...with my own well-being in mind. Or am I truly in love with Christ? Do I obey His word? Am I radical, or do I blend in? Is my focus on earthly things, or on eternity? 

"Following Christ isn't something that can be done halfheartedly or on the side. It is not a label we display when it is useful. It must be central to everything we do and are." ~Francis Chan

Too often people think that we can live for Christ and ourselves...but this is simply not possible. This is called being lukewarm, and Jesus says, 

"because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth." ~Revelation 3:15-18

"Jesus' call to commitment is clear: He wants all or nothing." ~Francis Chan

"Whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it." ~Matthew 16:25

I want to wholeheartedly follow God's plan for my life, because only in Him will I find purpose and true Joy! Don't miss it! 


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Great post Laur and what a important reminder :) Praying for a RESTful day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laur, thanks for the reminder to rest IN GOD... not just rest. I needed this today! Love you

    ReplyDelete